Kiwanis Grant Fund
The Kiwanis Club of Marietta has established a Grant Program for the purpose of funding youth development projects within our community that are in line with the Kiwanis mission addressing the needs and development of children in our community. Funding priority will be given to those projects involving the advancement and welfare of children in the City of Marietta and Cobb County. In 2008, the Kiwanis Board of Directors under the leadership of Past President, John Moeller, established the Grant with a $20,000 endowment.
Guidelines for distribution of Grant Funds:
• All grant requests must be submitted to the Marietta Kiwanis Foundation and a response from the Board must be given within 60 days from the date the application is received.
• Projects must relate to the ideals and objectives of Kiwanis.
• Funding priority will be given to those projects involving the advancement and welfare of children in the City of Marietta and Cobb County ages 1 day to 18 years of age.
• Grant amounts awarded will generally be for $500 or less and shall not exceed $1,000
• Applicants must be a resident of the City of Marietta or Cobb County and must agree to indemnify and hold the Marietta Kiwanis Foundation completely harmless from any losses, costs, expenses or claims arising from or related to any project for which the Foundation provides funds.
• Grant recipients must be asked to submit a written status report to the Marietta Kiwanis Foundation within 30 days upon completion of the project or educational experience.
• Applicants may only apply for a grant one time each Kiwanis fiscal year, which runs from October through September.
• The decision of the Marietta Kiwanis Foundation Board of Directors is final, and all actions shall be in accordance with the Bylaws of the Marietta Kiwanis Foundation (Adopted: January 21, 2009)